Software Project Manager
Who We Are:
Embrace® provides software solutions to over 1,100 school districts across eight states, enabling educators to spend less time on paperwork, and more time where it matters - in the classroom. We are committed to providing high quality, easy-to-use software for managing IEP and 504 plans, documenting intervention plans, monitoring services and reimbursement, and evaluating staff.
Embrace® is looking for an organized, detail-oriented individual to join our team as a Software Project Manager. We pride ourselves on outstanding customer service and easy-to-use software and are searching for a like-minded individual to help manage and organize our projects to take the company to the next level.
- Leads all aspects of project plan development and implementation
- Communicate objectives and priorities among internal teams to ensure that all assigned projects are accomplished collaboratively, on-schedule and meet company standards
- Track key project milestones and recommend adjustments to project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of the project, as well as prepare relevant status reports
- Oversee creation and maintenance of all projects and tickets in JIRA
- Work with senior management to identify and define software development priorities and assess their impact on current projects
- Manage day-to-day activities of multiple, concurrent software projects
- Track resource utilization and provide insight on how shifting priorities will impact resources
- Track and improve current project estimation process
- Coordinate and ensure software feature development is aligned with client needs
- Identify opportunities to improve our processes, tools, and technology to increase Embrace®’s overall impact
- Mentor others in planning, organizing, and coordinating work
Required Experience & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent work experience preferred.
- 5+ years project leadership experience in a fast-paced, multi-project environment
- Knowledge of multiple SDLC methodologies, standards, procedures and organization that contribute to the development and deployment of technology solutions
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
- Advanced skill and proficiency using Microsoft Office, Visio, Project, JIRA or similar software applications
- Ability to use discretion, exercise good judgment, and demonstrate resourcefulness
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize multiple projects to meet deadlines and complete tasks in an accurate timely manner
- PMP Certification a plus
- 100% company paid health, vision, dental, and disability insurance for employee
- 401k with 4% employer-contribution
- Monthly internet stipend
- Generous PTO with yearly roll over of unused days
- Remote work environment
- Company provided equipment
We are eager to learn more about you and your experiences, so even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We want to meet people who can contribute to our team in a variety of ways—not just candidates who "check all the boxes".